(as of May 10,2020 23:12:33 UTC – Details)
Build it yourself—in just two days!
- 35 practical projects that can each be made in just one weekend, for woodworkers with limited time
- Includes plans for shelving, a bed, coffee tables, a gothic-style bathroom cabinet, a Shaker-style kitchen cabinet, an Adirondack chair, and more
- Step-by-step instructions, photographs, and exploded diagrams make these projects clear and easy to follow
- Projects use soft and hardwoods as well as man-made boards, and can be made using either hand or power tools
- Illustrated reference section on tools, techniques, and wood choices
Practical Weekend Projects for Woodworkers offers dozens of exciting projects for a range of beautiful contemporary items, from shelves and storage units to birdhouses and bookends. Each project is designed to be simple to make while having a professional look, and can be made using either hand or power tools. Inside, you’ll find plans, materials lists, and instructions to make tables, wardrobes, shelves, cupboards, a mailbox, a bathroom vanity, a privacy screen, and much more!
With easy-to-follow instructions and how-to photographs, this book will provide practical advice and inspiration for both amateur and experienced woodworkers. Exploded diagrams and templates ensure precise results, and there’s also a practical, illustrated reference section on tools, techniques, and wood choices.
This book is intended for both the novice and those who have some basic skills and want to improve the scope and quality of their work. The newcomer will discover an insight into how to design and construct individual pieces of furniture for the home and garden—everything suggested as a project is both cost-effective and reasonably simple to achieve, using an absolute minimum of complicated joints or techniques—while a more experienced woodworker will pick up ideas about contemporary design, which you can then adapt to more advanced working methods, should you wish.
It can be tough to find a great woodworking project that you can finish in just one weekend. But the straightforward, step-by-step projects in this book will keep any “weekend carpenter” happily busy for months!